Saturday, November 9, 2013

SIX YEARS AGO........




"She was a poor lost soul because she had no furry friend of her very own."  

.. a little too dramatic?

The first time I saw Katt I went to Kamas, Utah to visit my son Jeremy for the 24th of July 2007.  I had thought about getting a furry friend of my own but was not sure it was a good time. I had started traveling, enjoyed camping and worked a full time job. I was not sure it would be very fair to my new friend if I was gone a lot.
  •  This is a life time commitment. I only believe in forever fur babies.   
I hopped out of my car and started walking over to the group gathered in front of Jeremy's home. I paused when out of the crowd wobbled this tiny little scruff of black. She was no bigger than a minute and she headed straight for me.

What can I say? Have you ever been so focused on one little thing the world simply stops moving? All is silent and you feel the simple beauty of something amazing.

"We took one look at each other. It was mutual adoption time."    

No comments:

Post a Comment